admin
Site Admin

I have question about Isa (alayhissalaam), is he still live?

Question:

Assalamalaykum, ya sheikh, I have question about Isa (alayhissalaam) is he still live? if living or not living can you give me the proof...jazakallohul khoyr!

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, The All Merciful

Walikum Assalam brother,

Allah says in the Holy Quran - Surat A’Nisa(4-157): “And because of their saying (in boast), “We killed Messiah ‘Isa ( Jesus), son of Maryam the Messenger of Allah but, they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Isa was put over another man (and they killed that man) , and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not. “

When they came to Isa (pbuh) to kill him, they found a man who Allah had made to look like him (a.s.). They thought that it was him (pbuh) so they took that person and crucified him instead. After that, Allah sub-Hanahu wa-talla, casted him (a.s.) with touch of sleep and raised him up to the havens. Some of his companions, who were there at the house with him, saw him ascending to Heavens through the ceiling of his house. That’s what Allah Talla said in surat Al- Imran(3-55) “ And (remember) when Allah said: ‘O ‘Isa I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you ( of the forged statement that ‘Isa is Allah’s son) of those who disbelieve, and I will take those who follow you (Monotheists) superior to those who disbelieve”.

Finally, Allah said in surat Al-Imran (3-55)” Inny Moutafika wa- Rafeoka Ellay”:[ ‘O ‘Isa I will take you and raise you to Myself] . There are different tafseers for this Ayat:

Qatadah and others: It means (later) I will take you.
Wahb Ibn Munbeh: Allah took him casting him with sleeping for three hours when He Sub-Hanahu wattal raised him up and never being back to life (Land) as the Christians believed.
Ibn Jareer: He (pbuh) has been raised up to havens not with death but, death of sleeping.
The majority of Oulama: Death here is sleeping as Allah said in surat-Al-Anaam (6-60) : “It is He who takes your souls by night when you are asleep”; and also in Surat Al-Zumr (39-42) : “It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death and those who die not during their sleep”.

Additionally, the Prophet Salla Allahu Alihi wasallam said: “When He woke up from his sleep he said: Alhamdullilah who gives us life after being dead (in our sleep).” He (swa) also said: “Indeed Isa didn’t die and Allah will return him back to you just before the day of Qeyamma”. Therefore, Hazirat Isa has not died yet but, he is with his Lord until he is sent back down to the land, just before the day of Resurrection. Some of the people of Scriptures will believe in him, but those who will not believe will be under Jeziah (Taxes). This is because he (pbuh) will not accept any other religion except Islam. Allah knows best.

Jazakallah khyer

Shk. Mostafa

Return to “Beliefs”